March 16, 2010

Doctor visit.

I went to my doctor today for my weekly routine visit, which now include non-stress tests. Turns out he didn't have me do a stress test but some other long named test that requires me to sit in a super comfy recliner for 30 minutes. (painful right) Well this test monitored the baby's movements and heartbeat and typically would monitor my contractions but doc. felt it was not needed today. I was at the doctor for an hour and a half for this one little test! He warned me from here on out to plan to spend 3 to 4 hours each week at the doctor's. Makes me really grateful I never did find that full time job. Anyways, getting off-track here, these 4 hours are going to consist of the following tests (and I have no idea what they are really called, this is just my interpretation): first i have to do a non-stress test which they do over at the hospital, than i go to doc.'s for my fetal tracking whatever, than from there I will have an ultrasound, following that doc. needs to do tests to make sure I have the correct amount of amniotic fluid, and lastly some bio-physical makeup thing which I am still not sure what that is.

So this will be my Wednesday activity from here on out. If anyone has some good reading material suggestions I will take it, seeing as I will be sitting strapped to monitors a few hours every Wednesday!!

3 comments:

Micah said...

Lucky every Wednesday you get to hear the life in your healthy baby girl. I am getting so excited and I really feel everything will be okay each time! Love you guys, you are in our prayers.

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

I love you Eliseeeeee! I have heard the new Anita Stansfield series is really good, at least that is what Aunt Sue says! I love you and you are always in our prayers!

Danalin said...

I am so glad that your doctors are so on top of things...even if it means that tests are your part-time job. I'm sure that you are too! I am getting really excited to see pictures of your little woman. Take care, Elise!