March 27, 2010

Ahh crap.......

That is what this week has felt like, just a long big sigh of "ahhhh crap". I had my weekly appointment with my doctor on Wednesday and am happy to report that after my NST (non-stress test) the baby was declared super well and healthy! Hooray for baby. I was not soo healthy, this is where my ahh crap comes in, I had an infection. And some sugar spilling in my urine, whatever the crap that means. So after getting lectured on why I still haven't gone in to take my glucose test my doctor made me swear I would go do it. So that was what I went to do today. I did the 8 hour fast and went in and drank the nasty drink....... than I puked it right back up. Darn. So I get to fast again and eat jelly beans instead. I hate jelly beans. Hopefully after I down those the test will say the sugar problem is a fluke and I don't have gestational diabetes.

On a bright note I am having a baby shower tomorrow. Hooray. I am very excited and totally looking forward to it!!

2 comments:

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Oh crap sounds like a good description of your day! Those darn tests are never fun. Amelia is what you are naming her? How adorable! I hope all will continue to go well-and that the tests become more tolerable!!

Danalin said...

First of all, I LOVE your letter "A"!!! It's adorable, lady. You are so much more creative than I am...I would love to know how you did it.

Lovely tests. I am SO not a fan of the sugar test. Blech. It seems so unwise for pregnant women to have to do that. I hope the second time goes/went well. Enjoy your baby shower!