February 18, 2010

Shot up and Broken down......

This week has felt like a doozy! I haven't done much beyond sit on emotions and ride the coaster, and there is nothing I can do do stop it! I had two of my first beta methasone shots this week, one on Tuesday and one Wednesday. They weren't the worst shots ever they didn't even have to do them thru my stomach so at least I got off easy there. I have another shot scheduled in a few weeks for the final dose. Other than that baby has been doing really well. Until tonight.....

I have been waiting for my paranoia to kick in and send me to my doctors or ER at any given time, well tonight was it. Truth be told I was having chest constriction and problems breathing so I didn't go in just for reassurance. After dealing with the breathing problems I got some sharp pains in my stomach and just started bawling. I was terrified and that is putting it lightly. My mom called Labor and Delivery and we went in to get me checked out just in case. They aren't sure what the pains are from but after checking on the baby at least I was mentally in a better place. I got to come back home with strict orders to rest and be lazy. (What a tall order right?? lol)

I have a feeling this won't be my first emergency run to the doctors but I am just grateful everything really was ok and that I have that liberty to go in and they won't look at me and say I am crazy but do everything to make sure all is ok.

6 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

Oh I am so sorry you had to deal with that! Did they check out your gallbladder? When I was pregnant with Delaney I had quite a few nights of feeling like I couldn't breath along with some pretty bad pains. Just a thought if it happens again.

I am SO SO glad that everything is okay and we continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!

Mare said...

I totally believe in going to the ER if you question at all. Don't feel silly! You deserve to. Love you guys! Hope you can make it for Ambree's blessing!

Josh & Elise Woolstenhulme said...

NO they didnt check my gall bladder.... Mostly because I don't have one anymore!!! lol I had it taken out last summer.

And we are totally planning on being there~

Happy Heavin said...

Elise I think the world of you! You're so strong and such a loving woman! I'm sorry for the scare..you deserve to cry/freak out as much as you want!!!!

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

Elise thats not fun at all! I agree with Mare don't worry about it. You have every right to do that. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Love you guys so much!

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

oh Sweetie pie, I am sorry you had to go through that, I love you Elisee, take good care of yourself, and never feel like you can't go in to the hospital if you are worried, we will continue to keep you in our prayers