June 23, 2010

Never Ending Drama.......

Story of my life. I have lots of drama, not in the high school "I-hate-you-for-stealing-my-boyfriend" kind of drama. But real life hard core drama. In the long run it just means I have more stories to tell so I guess I will take that as a good thing. Anyways, back to my drama of the day....

I had my 6 week post-partum checkup today. No worries I am healthy. In fact I have lost 30 pounds since Amelia was born, yay for me :). Sorry I keep getting off track, back to the drama. First thing when my doctor gets there is he tells me to come look at my chart and the placenta test results that came back. He says "look at this you had an infarct" a what? I swear it sounded like some other word. Well apparently I had an infarction of my placenta. A blood clot had formed at some earlier point in my pregnancy and stopped blood flow to a big chunk of the placenta and killed it. I was in shock. My doctor goes on and on about how lucky we are that baby is here safe and sound yadi yadi yada. Holy crow, I am sooooooooooo relieved today more than ever. After google-ing blood clots and infarctions we are truly blessed Amelia was born full term alive and healthy. I know I shouldn't worry about what the doc. said but I am just really disturbed by what could have been.

On a side note some stinking German dude started rubbing and filing my nails and making them looking all pretty and nice today at the mall. Somehow all that led to me buying a jar of expensive lotion. One day that German dude will get what he deserves for giving me mini mani and making me spend money I just don't have to spend.... Errgggg

5 comments:

Happy Heavin said...

Oh my goodness I HATE those men!! The day before my wedding I had gone to the mall to get my nails done..and some deap sea whatever man wanted to just show me something..Me being nice said fine..he then kept trying to make me pay for product..I'm like NO!! I seriously had to just RUN away!! lol...
I am SOOO extremely happy that something SO serious still brought you your beautiful little girl! How scary, but yet how much stronger do I believe in Miracles from God!! I'm glad you shared the scary exerience!!
Miss ya darlin!

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

Oh Elise, give our miracle baby a big hug and lots of kisses from her Grandma. I am amazed at the miracles that have surrounded our angel. Can't wait to see you guys

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Well after that terrible news I sure am happy everything went well for you guys! Sounds like the Lord is blessing your new little family! I am so happy for you and glad that Amelia is very healthy. I also think those men are very annoying... I avoid them like a disease...

Tribe Family Happenings said...

Never ending miracles.... I'm so glad Heavenly Father allowed your second beautiful daughter to stay with us even when the odds were against that happening. It is always so wonderful to know that you Amelia were watched over closely during the 9 months she was developing. The scriptures say that angels will surround us and lift us up in times of need. It is wonderful to hear of such a miracle. Now when she's older you can tell her what a true miracle she is! That you are around to be her mother is also a miracle. Our prayers were answered! I love you and Josh and little Amelia and little Adalyn watching over your family. Much love and continued prayers are sent your way!!
♥ Aunt Jan...

Tribe Family Happenings said...

p.s. I know those salesman in the mall are awful... I have fallen for their tactics more than once... now I don't even look their way or acknowledge them if they say something I've been burned too many times and they are very skilled in being salesman and unless you are ruthless with them it is hard not to fall for their sales pitches....
been there and done that too many times to count.... you are the only one... love you...Jan