May 10, 2010

Ya shouldn't of said that.....

On Friday I had a NST as usual. Everything went great and my doctor came in to the hospital before I left to check on me. I had been having some contractions and he decided to throw out there that he was on call all weekend and really wouldn't be surprised to see me come in this weekend in labor. Now why do you say that to a anxious pregnant woman? Really?

After having mild contractions all day Saturday I had some other problems come up Saturday night. So Josh and I headed to the hospital. Everything I thought was wrong turned out to be okay but the baby's heartrate was far too high and wasn't coming down. So my doctor decided I better stay overnight. Because I was having contractions I was checked to see if I was dialated. Sure enough I was! Only to a 2, but for being 2 and 1/2 weeks away from my actual due date that wasn't too bad. After 3 hours the baby's heart rate finally calmed down to her normal baseline, what a relief. All night the nurses kept telling me that the doctor would probably just decide to induce me in the morning and get my labor really going along. Especially considering that I was contracting and dialating. Well as you probably guessed he didn't induce and I am still very pregnant, very hormonal, and very ready to have this baby!

I know it is all about being safe, but it was one long night of watching monitors and seeing all these different things not being good (not to mention the contractions) I really thought we would be having a baby. Such a bummer.

2 comments:

Katie, Adam, Izzy & Emmy said...

yeah you really made all of us pretty anxious too......;)

The Neads said...

hang in there girl.. the longer that baby is in there till it's due date the healthier it will be.. I totally understand the feeling of wanting to get that baby out.. drink a lot of water and your labor will go easier :) GOOD LUCK.. 2 weeks is not that far.. and I doubt you'll make it that long