April 22, 2010

Just a Zap.....

Today was weird. The weather was funky, sunny and rainy, than just sunny, than pouring. No single weather description for the day. I had to work and got some projects done and it was pretty relaxing. But the weirdest thing for me was my doctor's appointment this morning. I went in for an ultrasound and had to sit and wait for the baby to move enough so I could get a good score this time. After the tech pestered her for a few minutes she finally moved a little bit. I am sure she was sleeping I mean it was 9 am why wouldn't she be? So we passed the ultrasound this week but only just barely. After the ultrasound I had an NST. And once again she was being a little lethargic and not moving much so after about 15 minutes the nurse came in and told me she was just going to give her a little zap. A zap? What the crap does that mean? Well its this little thing that vibrates on my stomach and wakens the baby. And it sure does wake up the baby, I think she jumped from my uterus to Texas and back. After the initial shock she stopped moving again so they zapped her again! This time she stayed moving the rest of my NST, so she was just being stubborn and lazy. But how weird is it that they actually "zapped" my baby. It just feels so inhumane. Hopefully she doesn't develop PTSD from this experience............

3 comments:

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

oh sweetie, that must of been hard, I remember Ethan being that kind of a baby, just happy to hang out, didn't really need to be moving all over the place, I bet the zapping was hard on you! It won't be long and we will be able to hold her and squish her little cheeks and kiss her ears! I love you!

Darcie said...

They had to do that with Callie and she turned out just fine. :) I'm so excited for you! But... I can't remember your due date? Is it getting close??

Katie, Adam, Izzy & Emmy said...

I remember they had to do something similar to izzy because a couple weeks before her due date i didn't feel her move so i went in and they used this thing to kind of give her a "jump start" is what they called it, glad to here everything is going great..love you and thinking of you and your fam..:)